Adobe Project Firefly is a complete framework to build, deploy custom web apps on Adobe’s Serverless platform.
As a user or enabler of the Adobe Experience cloud products, imagine if you could BUILD (AUTOMATE), MONITOR, MAINTAIN various day-to-day tasks within your Adobe experience cloud login with no dependency on infrastructure, long development cycles or 3rd party products and services!
Some of the Use-cases but not limited to are
- Automate daily/weekly i.e recurring reports from multiple data sources
- Integrate data for enhanced reporting
- Automation to append or Enhance audience profile or segments
- Personalisation Use-cases
- Create workflows and bots
- Centralize documentation, solution design and data dictionary
- Create custom apps for business, support and technical teams
- Monitor data pipeline and automate alerts
As a data analyst if you spend a good amount of time reporting, wrangling, integrating data from different sources, this technology may be for your team. Read on to understand how this can help in your role.
If you are a customer who is using AEP today? some of the uses case (reporting specific) above is achievable within the “Customer Journey Analytics” tool
The data/marketing analyst perspective
Adobe experience cloud products enables marketing and data analytics teams to meet various marketing and business goals. These products out of the box are very powerful ,however may not suit all the requirement and keep up with enterprise requirement.
This is where as a data or marketing analyst you may end up building custom home grown solution or use other paid products/service to
- Enhance analytics reporting with custom integrations from other source (social, Ad Impression etc.)
- Build Custom Dashboard, Reports and Quick analysis using multiple data source
- Export analytics data into enterprise data warehouse
- Export Adobe analytics data into Business intelligence tool
- Export realtime events to marketing automation systems
- Steram Adobe analytics data to custom real time dashboards
- Enhance Adobe target profile with first or third party data
- Enhance Analytics reporting and segmentation with customer attributes
By using project firefly stack you could do most of the above
- Without involving internal development and infrastructure teams
- Ability to scale in short amount of time
- Quick turn around time for changes and updates
- Maintain, Monitor all of the custom apps in one place (infrastructure)
The Data Engineer point of view
let’s take a look at how project firefly could benefit data engineers ( or implementation specialist/Developer)in their day-to-day tasks.
- A complete design, application and runtime framework to extend the functionality of Adobe experience cloud solutions
- Highly secure with API authorization and user access control is offered out-of-the-box.
- Monitor all data pipelines for all custom and out of box data integrations
- Get alerts on success and failures of data ingestion
- Ability to build custom monitoring dashboards and reports
- Get access to scalable cloud storage
- Ability to automate testing and recurring tasks
- No infrastructure dependencies
Here’s a quick look at the Adobe Project firefly Tech Stack.
Adobe Experience Cloud use cases
Let’s take a look at some of the use cases for adobe experience cloud products to help understand how project firefly could play a role.
- Automate data feed exports
- Scheduled Classification for variables
- Data Sources auto updates
- Custom Attributes automation
- Data Pipeline to Cloud/Data warehouse
- Analytics Trigger to marketing automation tools
- Automate bulk profile updates
- Next page Personalisation use cases
- Harness analytics data in adobe target
- Trigger Cart/Action abandonment mailer
- Trigger confirmation and subscription automation
- Automate CRM attributes push to adobe campaign
- Automate asset migration
- Migrate external asset to DAM
Custom Dashboard and Insights
The ability to create your own customer platform with dashboard, visualisation and insights in the format that suites the organisation is probably one of the great use of this framework, some use cases include
- Custom dashboard with multiple data sources
- Real time dashboard from various data source (online, Stores, Kiosk, Branch etc)
- Advanced Visualisations
- Insight driven reports
- Executive dashboards
Adobe Experience Platform
Project firefly could be of great value for AEP use cases, since AEP is built API first you could build custom tools and apps for various AEP tasks.
- Monitor data pipeline with custom dashboard
- Send success or failure alert to respective teams
- Trigger auto retry on ingestion failure
- Monitor jobs request
- Notify teams on request success and failures
Reference and further reading
Project firefly in in developer preview, you can read more and apply here.
Here are some official and other resources to get started
Next set of posts in this series
The next set of posts will cover the following topics and hopefully help you get started with adobe project firefly.